From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 5:33 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Building a new instrastructure

My suggestion, hire a consultant.  With 2600 users there has to be a number
of technologies being used which would require licensing of various types.

Server, Exchange, SQL, just to name a few.

Who was managing those stations prior to you?  If you don't have any of that
information you would do yourself good to contact MS or a MS Partner to have
them lookup if there is any current licenses owned.
You said "start"  I have never seen a 2600 node network just start up
before, but if that's the case you can negotiate one heck of a deal with
your vendor.  Dell, HP for the workstation and servers and a MS Partner
could work up the licensing costs for you.

When you purchase an computer from HP, Dell, IBM it comes with an OEM XP Pro
license that is only to be used on that physical box.  That license has
nothing to do with Server licenses, Exchange licenses, or other products.

Let us know.  Sounds like fun.

Thanks

Greg