Yeah, I knew about the MST option for future installations. Unfortunately, this
won't help me with my existing ones, right? Or can I go back and change those
options?

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Brutsche [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 12:54 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Office 2003 Image Writer Printer

I've never had that problem, and we've been using Office 2003 since 2003.

Some options:

a) Remove the Document Image Writer from your Office 2003 installation.
Be sure to alter the .mst you use to install Office 2003 to not include
the Document Image Writer.

b) a login script that sets the default printer to any locally attached
printer that's not the Office 2003 Document Image Writer - be sure to
take into account things like PDF creation software and MS Fax.

--

Phil Brutsche
[EMAIL PROTECTED]