Anyone here using Ultrabac?  I’ve been testing a few different DR apps and
remembered they have a “universal restore” product that allows you to restore
to dissimilar hardware.  The other products I’ve been testing are EMC Homebase
and Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server.  I also have Symantec System
Recovery Server 8.5 to test as well.

So far I have not been able to get Homebase to deploy a Windows OS image on to
my recovery machine after 2 weeks even with help from EMC.  With Acronis I’ve
encountered corrupt archive errors on several occassions but have been able to
restore successfully once to different hardware using that same supposedly
corrupt archive file.  So there is inconsistency there but at least it’s worked.

Haven’t tested Symantec’s SRS, or Ultrabac yet.  I was going try demo those
today, looking for any helpful info/life experiences you may have on any of
these.

Thanks,

Neil