So far I have to agree on the  MD3000i units.  They are no-frills, but
with all you can do on the application layer these days in terms of
backup, snapshots, images and so forth I don't miss the extra features
for the midrange.  When you start wanting to get into large-scale
replication you may miss it, but if you just want cheap storage on a
stick the price is very hard to beat.

-- Durf

--
Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day.