I was just notified late last week that a batch of drives we received from
Dell back in December of 2007 and February 2008 have been identified as
having a firmware problem which could lead to data corruption/loss. The
affected drives are Fujitsu 300GB/10K RPM Fiber Channel with Firmware
Revision 1904.

We have a total of 38 of these drives across 3 DAEs attached to one of our
CX700s. I was wondering if anyone else out there is affected by this and
would be willing to discuss their plans for resolving the issue. I don't
have all of the details as of yet, but the project manager that contacted me
is under the impression that the entire array will need to be taken offline
for the firmware to be upgraded on the affected drives. This is not
acceptable in our environment as it would involve the outage of almost 50
servers.

I'm just curious to see how other medium to large organizations are handling
this issue.

- Sean