From: Eric Brouwer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 2008-12-11 12:13
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Issue joining 2003 domain

Yes, it is joined to an old NT domain I am trying desperately to
decommission.  Nothing besides the switches are between the PC and the
DC.  The funny thing is, XP machines join fine.

When I try joining new_domain.local as opposed to new_domain, I get a
different error:

Network Identification
The following error occurred attempting to join the domain
"new_domain.local":

The network path was not found.

On Dec 11, 2008, at 11:34 AM, Troy Meyer wrote:

> Hey Eric,
>
> Is the W2K box already a member of another domain? Is there anything
> filtering traffic between the DC and the old server?  I think
> occasionally we also had to use the complete dns name when trying to
> add. (ie domain.com not just domain).
>
> Weird though, never seen that before.
>
> -Troy

Eric Brouwer