Exactly. And I've done dozens this way.

Just make sure you have CDMA download for your Sprint phones. For example
Verizon. No GSM stuff.

From: Bob Fronk [mailto:b...@btrfronk.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 5:31 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Upgrading BES

Just load the software on the PC, then go to ?:\program files\common
files\Research In Motion\AppLoader   and delete the vendor.xml.  Then
connect the BB, start desktop manager and load away.  Beware, this will wipe
all settings.

I have done this on 8700s, 8300, 8310, 8800, 9000

Bob Fronk

* bfr...@davishelliot.com