as far as I remember...*.* is what you need.....

From: Ben Scott [mailto:mailvor...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 6:15 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: ROBOCOPY /XD (exclude directory) wildcards

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 3:25 PM, lists <li...@bdtechnology.org> wrote:
> ROBOCOPY D:\  \\backup_server\backup_share\original_server\D    /XD
> D:\Programs\Microsoft\RIS\Setup\English\Images\*\i386\  /E

  That doesn't work either.  Same "Invalid Parameter" error (except
now it's a different parameter number, of course).

> The above assumes that the \D after "\original_server"  is a folder
> name.

  Yup, it is.  Folder exists.  Permission exists.

> Are you sure there are no spaces in the excluded folder?  If not,
> you will need to enclose in quotes.

  No spaces.  I just tried enclosing in quotes anyway, same result.

  If I don't use an asterisk wildcard it then will run, so I'm pretty
sure it's the attempt at a wildcard that's the problem.  I was mainly
wondering if someone had a poorly-documented trick that would make the
wildcard work.

  Guess not.  :)

-- Ben