If it's in a lab someone may have set it up that way on purpose???
Have you looked in diskmgmt.msc?

-----Original Message-----
From: James Edwards [mailto:jedwa...@mail.sdsu.edu]
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 11:25 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Flash Mounts as Folder

Recently, in one of our open Faculty labs, when a user inserts a flash
drive and goes to My Computer, the flash mounts as a folder instead of a

disk. If the user clicks on it, it either opens a dialog asking what
program they would like to use to open it or an access denied dialog.
Right clicking and choosing "Explore" does open it and it is usable.
Windows XP-SP3.

Any ideas what is going on?

THANKS!!