From: Bill Monicher [mailto:bmacd5...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 10:20 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: polices

There was a means of setting policies in NT 4
Problem with that is that once set, they stay set, so there may be
artifacts lurking.

command line tool gpresult is good because you can script it.
If you really wanted to be thorough, you could also write a script
that dumped the relevant registry sections of each client profile, but
that would be a huge undertaking of limited value.

How many machines do you have that would have logged on in the days of
your NT 4 domain?  Not many, I'll bet.
Just ignore them and use gpresult.

Flag all of the machines that may be "polluted" with old NT 4 applied
policies and schedule 'em for rebuild.

--BM