You need to import the unrecognized disks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Brouwer [mailto:er...@forestpost.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 2:50 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: XP volume issue

Good afternoon,

Thanks to all who replied to my NT domain problem the past few days.
I resolved the problem, and will post more on that in a bit.

I have another problem related to the power outage.  We have a
workstation that has an IDE system disk, and 4 additional IDE drives
configured as a striped volume.  The system disk seems to be completed
corrupted, but the real critical data is on the array.  I swapped out
the system disk, and loaded a fresh XP install.  I can see two of the
four disks in the array.  Through troubleshooting, I determined one of
the onboard IDE controllers went bad.  We installed a PCI IDE
controller card, and moved all drives to this card.  In disk manager,
I see 6 disks listed as follows:

Disk 1  Dynamic 55.91 GB        Online  Failed
Disk 2  Dynamic Foreign
Disk 3  Dynamic Foreign
Disk 4  Dynamic 55.91 GB        Online  Failed
Missing Dynamic 55.91 GB        Offline Failed
Missing Dynamic 55.91 GB        Offline Failed

I'm sure the two missing disks correspond to the two foreign disks.
How can I re-associate the two foreign drives with the missing
drives?  What is the proper way to recreate this array without losing
data?  This is just a simple, non-redundant disk array.

Thanks!

Eric Brouwer
IT Manager
www.forestpost.com