From: Bob Fronk [mailto:b...@btrfronk.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 1:23 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: A little OT: Cisco VPN Concentrator

I am using a Cisco VPN Concentrator 3005 as an endpoint for mobile users
and small remote sites.  Lately I have found that remote sites can only
pull down 2.8mpbs over the VPN.  We have a DS3, so I would expect the
remote clients to be able to pull down their full bandwidth, depending
on connection (DSL / Cable).

I have tested this at two sites, each with over 10mbs available to them
for download.  When off VPN, they get the full 10mbps, when VPN is
connected (which forces all traffic across the VPN) the download speed
drops back to 2.8mbps.

I can't seem to locate the bottle neck producing setting inside the VPN
concentrator.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

Bob