Anyone with PIX to ASA conversion experience care to weigh in?  Sticking
with Cisco due to current Cisco VOIP project and remote sites.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Fronk [mailto:b...@btrfronk.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 3:12 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: A little OT: Cisco VPN Concentrator

Ok... time to shop for an ASA.

-----Original Message-----
From: Micheal Espinola Jr [mailto:michealespin...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 3:06 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues

I skimmed the tech docs, faqs, and vvarious other sheets too.  4mbps
max throughput is the number I saw.  I read about limiting issues when
using compression, and another vague reference to the amount of
simultaneous connections.  All vague, with no substance.

--
ME2

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Brian Prentiss <bprent...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Data Sheet

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5743/ps5749/ps2284/
product_data_sheet09186a00801d3b56.html

> On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 12:58 PM, Brian Prentiss <bprent...@gmail.com>
wrote:

http://supportwiki.cisco.com/ViewWiki/index.php/Cisco_VPN_3005_Concentra
tor

>> This doc states max as 4Mbps.  Apparently it is software only, and is
>> discontinued at this point.   I think the suggested replacement is an
ASA
>> (sized depending on what kind of throughput the requirements are).
>>
>> I couldn't find a data sheet.
>>
>> I hope that helps,
>> Brian
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Bob Fronk <b...@btrfronk.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am using a Cisco VPN Concentrator 3005 as an endpoint for mobile
users
>>> and small remote sites.  Lately I have found that remote sites can
only pull
>>> down 2.8mpbs over the VPN.  We have a DS3, so I would expect the
remote
>>> clients to be able to pull down their full bandwidth, depending on
>>> connection (DSL / Cable).
>>>

>>> I have tested this at two sites, each with over 10mbs available to
them
>>> for download.  When off VPN, they get the full 10mbps, when VPN is
connected
>>> (which forces all traffic across the VPN) the download speed drops
back to
>>> 2.8mbps.
>>>

>>> I can't seem to locate the bottle neck producing setting inside the
VPN