Use the latest firmware CD from HP.com, not smartstart.

- John Barsodi
From: Stefan Jafs [mailto:sj...@amico.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 11:14 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: New DL380 G5

Ok, I'm getting ready for my VMware install, I would like to make sure my two
new servers have the latest firmware before I install anything.
What's the best way? Do I just insert the SmartStart and it will ask me for the
latest ProLiant Support Pack?
I need to install the second processor and apparently it's important to have
the latest ROM update before installing the second processor.

Stefan Jafs

This email and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for the
intended recipient(s). If you are not the named recipient you should not read,
distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions expressed in this
email are those of the author and do not represent those of the Amico
Corporation. Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make sure no
viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for
any loss or damage that arise from the use of this email or attachments.