I've created a small group of machines on a virtual server to experiment
with TS Gateway.  When I attempt to make a connection to
termserver.bogus.net I get "This computer can't connect to the remote
computer because the Terminal Services Gateway server address is
unreachable or incorrect.  Type a valid server address."

I've turned off the firewalls on gateway.bogus.net and
termserver.bogus.net and the client can ping both gateway.bogus.net and
termserver.bogus.net.

I'm using Remote Desktop version 6.0.6001.18000 on the client.

On the Remote Desktop Connection General tab I have
  Computer: termserver.bogus.net
  Username: bogus\CMFinley

On the Remote Desktop Connection advanced tab under settings I have

Connection settings
  Use these TS Gateway server settings: gateway.bogus.net
  Bypass TS Gateway server for local addresses is NOT selected
Logon settings
  Use my TS Gateway credentials for remote computer IS selected

I'm able to make a Remote Desktop Connection if I select Bypass TS
Gateway server for local addresses (but of course I'm not using the
gateway if I do that).

I'm using a self-signed cert on the TS Gateway.  This cert was created
with the wizard when I added the TS Gateway role.  I exported the public
key of that cert and imported it on the client into Certificates(Local
Computer)\Trusted Root Certification Authorities

gateway.bogus.net and termserver.bogus.net are both domain members but
the client is not.

I'm using the virtual server "internal network" and the IP addresses are
all in the 192.168.0.* range.

The client and termsterver are running XP SP3, the domain controller is
running Server 2003 Standard and gateway is running Server 2008
Standard.

What do I need to do to get this working?  Your help with this is
greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Curt