Bump

From: David Lum [mailto:david....@nwea.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 9:17 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: DumpSEC-ish tool

I need to dump security permissions for hundreds of folders. I have DumpSEC,
but what I would like is something that shows me permissions differences from
the directory directly above it, and if there is no difference (i.e,
inheritance with no modifications) then show nothing, or no difference. DumpSEC
can show me changes from the root, but if  a folder 3 levels down has the same
perms as 2 levels down, but 2 levels down is different than the root, DumpSEC
shows me the full perm set for both folder 3 and folder 2.

Example
\Root : Permission set A

\Root\RootPlus1 : list of permissions because they don't match Permission set A

\Root\RootPlus1\Plus2 : Blank because the perms are same as \Root\RootPlus1

Currently, for \Root\RootPlus1\Plus2 DumpSEC lists all permissions because they
don't match Permission set A, I'm just looking for the "delta points" from each
other, not necessarily each folder different than the root folder.

I hope that makes sense...
David Lum // SYSTEMS ENGINEER
NORTHWEST EVALUATION ASSOCIATION
(Desk) 971.222.1025 // (Cell) 503.267.9764