Thanks for the suggestion; guess I should've mentioned that I did put
the host in maintenance mode first to ensure no VMs were moved back to
it while I was updating.  All of the VMs on the host had already been
migrated off of it.  I didn't think an alarm should fire on something
that was flagged as in maintenance; maybe it a just a glitch.  I've
got a couple more to update yet, so I'll give it another try.

Thanks,
Jeff