Anyone reading this is doing so only because they survived -- or lived
in a more sensible era.
If anyone reading this DID grow up in that era, they know of kids who
died in bicycle accidents, just as one example.
Reye's syndrome -- a side effect of aspirin in children -- is rare,
but knowing that it is fatal, would a sensible person give aspirin to
their child?

So, if you want to go ahead and do all of the stupid things mentioned
in the email, or if you encourage your children to take needless risk,
please do.  It will help with overpopulation, as well as braining up
the gene pool a bit.

Have we gone overboard with risk elimination?  Perhaps.  Most of the
dangers alluded to in this email, though, have little or no benefit,
but lots of risk.

Cheers,
--BM

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 12:23 AM, James Rankin <kz2...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL MY FRIENDS WHO WERE BORN IN THE
>
> 1940's, 50's, 60's and early 70's !
>

> First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they
Know anyone suffering the effects of Fetal Alcohol Effect?  It aint pretty

> They took aspirin,
Look up "Reye's Syndrome"

>and didn't get tested for diabetes or
They did -- but often waaayyyy too late.

> We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles
A three year old boy in our neighbourhood once ate an entire month's
supply of "The Pill".  To this day, he has been unable to bear
children.

> rode our bikes, we had no helmets or shoes, not to mention, the risks we
> took hitchhiking.
I know of three kids who had brain injuries with lasting effects from
bike accident trauma.  My kids where helmets.
Hitchiking was safer then.

> As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags.
And people died or were maimed in their thousands.

> Take away food was limited to fish and chips, no pizza shops, McDonalds,
> KFC, Subway or Nandos.
Don't know how Subway or Nandos rate with the rest -- it is at least
healthy food.

> We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE
> actually died from this.
You're sure?

> We could collect old drink bottles and cash them in at the corner store and
> buy  Toffees, Gobstoppers, Bubble Gum and some bangers to blow up frogs
Blowing up frogs?  Perhaps this person knawed on so much lead paint it
damaged their sense of responsibility

etc, etc