+2

-----Original Message-----
From: David L Herrick [mailto:davidherr...@nincal.com]
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2009 2:29 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Enterprise Faxing - information gathering

+1

-----Original Message-----
From: Troy Meyer [mailto:troy.me...@monacocoach.com]
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2009 2:16 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues

Hey Tim,

Make sure you identify all your needs before you start looking too deep.
In our case we needed the ability to have users send direct from their
email client AND to have the ability to fax out from our custom
applications (custom cover sheets, pulling numbers and names from our
ERP system OR from SQL, etc).

We chose Faxsys from emFast.com which provides native email client fax
out (via a custom SMTP fax connector in exchange), a desktop application
for sending/managing faxes for powerusers, and a full API for our
developers to play with.  Faxsys has the ability to use analog modem
lines or an IP gateway, and requires its own server to run on.

>From the admin side we basically set it and forget about it, the service
just works.  The few times we have had to call in, tech support is very
understanding that we are not fax experts.

-troy