I am setting up a child domain for a new buisness unit.  We want to keep them
seperate in the future, but at the beginning, all the users will still exist in
the parent domain.  My two questions are 1) what are the implications of having
the child domain on the same subnet of the parent domain.  The second question
is, is there any pros or cons to having the child domain controller server
2008, when every server in the parent domain is still 2003?

Any input, advice, is greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Jeremy