I sent this earlier but had a technical issue so it may not have gone
out. Here it is again.

Let's see if I can answer everyone's questions. I should have given all
this info in my original post but was rushed while trying to send it.

The DNS entry does actually disappear from the zone on the DNS servers
(we have two and the entries are gone from both). Each building (which
means each lab) is in a different subnet.

We are a Windows shop so our DNS, DHCP, AD (obviously) are all Windows
boxes. We have a few Win2000 but most are Win2003 (no 2008 just yet).
Scavenging is set to 7 days.

When running an nslookup by hostname or FQDN, it returns a message
saying "non-existent domain". Sometimes, other machines in that lab may
respond.

I have checked the configs for our different zones and they look the
same. This issue only affects the one zone that is used for our computer
labs.

And we are a single site.

I think that was just about all the questions. Let me know if there is
more I can provide to help get this resolved.

Thanks everyone!

Craig