From: Bob Fronk [mailto:b...@btrfronk.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 8:56 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: DPM Prerequisite software

I am running into an issue I can't figure out.  DPM 2007 installed and able
to protect some servers.  However, when setting up a protection group for a
few servers, the error pops that "this item cannot be protected because some
prerequisite software is not missing"

I have checked and re-installed the vss update rollup.

The SQL servers are running 2000 SP4.

The Exchange server is 2003 patched and up-to-date.

The MS Virtual Server is 2005 R2 SP1.

The OS on all the servers is 2003 patched and up-to-date service pack.

I am obviously missing something.  Any DPM experts have an idea?