From: Kurt Buff [mailto:kurt.b...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, 5 February 2009 8:46 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Perhaps OT: Frustration level rising with IIS/ASP

We have a page on our intranet server that is doing some very funky things.

Namely, it mostly, but not always, gives out this error message:

     Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'

     Permission denied

     /intranet/webquery/SearchResultObsoleteParts.asp, line 119

That line of code is

     objShell.Run strPSExec,0,true

Which is just a reference to this line:

     strPSExec = "\\inetserver\Queries\psexec.exe -w
e:\directory1\directory2 \\avante -u mycompany\_udtpuller -p
ThePassword cscript GetUDTData.vbs COMP_ALERT " & strPartNum & " -r "
& strDataSetNum

We're using an older version of psexec, just to avoid issues with
dismissing the EULA. The page used to work at one point, but now it's
not working well at all - something changed in December, AFAICT, but
nobody's fessing up, nor can I find anything different.

After googling and a bit of thinking, I followed the directions in
this article - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197964/ - which seemed
to clear it up for about 20 minutes, but now it's not working again,
and I am not able to figure out why.

Anyone have thoughts on what I should be looking at/for?