Full weekly on the weekend on tapes that are rotated & once a month a full
monthly run that becomes a permanent tape at our off-site storage.
Incremental dailies except for the *nix stuff that I have to use
Differential/Modified Time on for them to work properly (that includes the
stupid mac server stuff).

Exchange is a full every day.

Haven't used CPS.

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 1:56 PM, jesse-r...@wi.rr.com
<jesse-r...@wi.rr.com>wrote:

> Out of curiosity…
>
> Are most people doing Full data backups on a daily basis, weekly basis, or
> monthly basis?  If you're doing weekly or monthly full backups, what are
> you doing on days the Full backup is not scheduled to run, an incremental
> or differential backup?
>
> Is anyone actually using Continuous Protection Server (CPS) from
> Symantec/Backup Exec?  If so, for what functionality?  Does it work as
> expected?  Or does it leave a lot to be desired (like most Symantec things
> IMHO).
>
> Just wondering what others are doing out there….
> Thanks

> mail2web LIVE – Free email based on Microsoft(R) Exchange technology -
> http://link.mail2web.com/LIVE

Sherry Abercrombie

Arthur C. Clarke