From: John Hornbuckle [mailto:john.hornbuc...@taylor.k12.fl.us]
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 12:03 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: SUSPECT: RE: MCSE question

While it's certainly true that people can find success without a degree, that's
the exception rather than the rule. Most higher-paying professional positions
require one, and statistically people with degrees tend to earn much more money
over their lifetimes than those without.

We all know that neither degrees nor certification, by themselves, prove
anything other than that you've invested the time and money to get them. And
you do have to have some degree of smarts, at least to get a degree from a real
university. But they still have value, and in my experience most people
recognize that.

John Hornbuckle
MIS Department
Taylor County School District