If you'd seized roles and edited via NTdsutil.exe AND everything is cool, then
I'd flatten the server and start over.

Shook

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Rogov [mailto:dennis_rogov2...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2009 2:17 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Windows 2003 wont boot up help!!!

Hi All hopefully everyone had a pleasent weekend.

I finally got to the bottom of the windows 2003 server it was a faulty memory.
Which for odd reasons Dell diagnostic failed to pick up... My question is that
i already removed the DC manually utilzing Ntdsutil.exe. Now that i have the
faulty DC back online but not plugged into the network. What is the best method
to demote it to member server... Its a windows 2003 R2  Standard Server

I am going to run DCPROMO and see what that gives me.

Thanks