Hello everyone,

Let me start off by apologizing for the off-topic post. I've been lurking on
this list for several years and have come to appreciate the vast majority of
technical expertise from individuals all over the world. Based on the
dispersement of that expertise, I'm looking for assistance of a different
type. :)

I just proposed to my girlfriend of over 2 years this past weekend.
Thankfully, she accepted. Obviously we're very early in the planning stages
but the one thing I want to get right is the honeymoon. She has wanted to
visit Ireland her entire life, and although I've travelled extensively
thoughout the US and Canada, I'm a novice when it comes to "crossing the
pond".

I'd love to hear from anyone who has personally been to Ireland and could
recommend some interesting spots to visit. I've briefly looked at
www.authenticireland.com and reviewed some of their packages. I have to say,
staying in some of the Castles and touring the pubs is very intriguing, but
I'd also appreciate advice on some of "must visit" sites in Ireland.

I'm planning on a 10-14 day excursion with a rental car, so driving long
distances shouldn't be too big of a problem. Any advice on the best time of
year would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance :)

- Sean