From: richardmccl...@aspca.org <richardmccl...@aspca.org>
To: NT System Admin Issues <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Sent: Wed Feb 18 10:38:27 2009
Subject: Re: Dell and Internet Explorer

I could say "any and all", except I've not tried to install IE3-5.

They came with a broken version of IE6 (which would typically crash on
launching).  Upgraded to IE7 to get the crash on new tabs/windows.  IE 8
beta, on the one machine I know about, doesn't work (but does not lock
up).  On the IE 8 beta, uninstall does not revert to IE7, nor can IE7 be
installed.  (Install says a more recent version of IE has been detected,
and I've not been able to find where it is finding this piece.)
Richard McClary, Systems Administrator
ASPCA Knowledge Management
1717 S Philo Rd, Ste 36, Urbana, IL  61802
217-337-9761
http://www.aspca.org