Doesn't robocopy halt on open/locked files?  I use it for non-user accessed
files but have had problems on using it for files users access such as Word,
Excel or databases.

I use rsync on my Netware servers but it does have issues with directories with
many files.  I didn't know it was made for Windows too, I'll have to check that
out.

Here are two sites I've been looking into (have not used any products yet)
www.2brightsparks.com

www.hanselman.com - look in his blog about xcopy and other related utils.

Tom

Tom Miller
Engineer, Information Technology
Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board
757-788-0528

>>> Peter van Houten <peter...@gmail.com> 2/19/2009 1:41 PM >>>
Well rsync is then "delta +" because it doesn't copy the changed (or
difference) file, it only copies the actual difference:

http://samba.anu.edu.au/rsync/features.html

--
Peter van Houten

On the 19/02/2009 20:28, lists wrote the following:
> You are correct; it copies the entire file if changed.
>
> Cheers.

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
message.