From: Benjamin Zachary - Lists [mailto:li...@levelfive.us]
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 10:57 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Error on Trust

Hey all, I have 2 sites setup with a vpn and trust. The vpn went down for about
12 hours yesterday and the trust seemed to expire or break in the same time.

When I goto establish it again or try to validate I get an error that the trust
passwords need to be reset, I click Yes and then get the specified domain
doesn't exist or could not be contacted.

I have it working where as I can ping domain1.local from this side and I get
the IP of the DC over there, and vice versa, we also re-loaded DNS zones on
both sides and that was successful.

Any other ideas? Event logs gave some generic security account error, and  told
me to take my dc and remove it from the domain and rejoin it, which obviously
isn't going to be an option :)

Thanks