W2K3 AD domain:

Got an odd DHCP issue. We have a DHCP scope that is used just for
automated server builds. Getting a bunch of BAD_ADDRESS conflicts in the
DHCP console. The Unique ID field shows an 8 digit string not the 12 of a
MAC address. I can not ping any of the IP addresses that are supposedly in
use, that DHCP thinks are bad. I've found a few posts that talk about this
being Wireless Access Points or possibly a OS X client that is configured
incorrectly. Of course our network guys insist it's none of those things
and it must be a Windows server. I don't see any reference in the Event
Logs or the DHCP logs that indicate what these machines are? This post is
similar to what we are seeing:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Networking/Windows_Networking/Q_22032213.h
tml

Any suggestions?

Chris Bodnar, MCSE
Sr. Systems Engineer
Distributed Systems Service Delivery - Intel Services
Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
Email: christopher_bod...@glic.com
Phone: 610-807-6459
Fax: 610-807-6003

This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information
that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution, copying, or communication of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the
message and any attachments.  Thank you.