From: Roger Wright [mailto:rwri...@evatone.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 1:22 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Backups Over WAN

For those of you who are backing up over the WAN:

Wwhat types of hardware and software are required for this to work
efficiently?

Does it only work well with deduplication?

Would I have to rethink my nightly/weekly/monthly backup strategies?

I'm currently working with BE 12 soon to be 12.5 and would like to stick
with that if possible.  And we have about 5 TB total data stored right
now.

Roger Wright

Network Administrator

Evatone, Inc.

727.572.7076  x388

_____

"Competition is a painful thing, but it produces great results." - Jerry
Flint, in Forbes

<<image002.jpg>>