Hi

Thank you for your suggestion.
I will look at that but the problem also happens even if I am not trying
to connect to the application.

If I connect a test PC (pc123) to the VPN and then ping it from the SQL
server I get a reply.  If I disconnect the VPN session and then
reconnect and get a different IP address and then ping the pc123 from
the SQL server I get a request timed out.

At the cmd promt window when I type Ping pc123 I can see the sql server
resolve pc123 to the old IP address and even after doing a nbtstat -R
and a ipconfig /flushdns ir still resolves to the old name.

Regards

Kevan Dickinson
Network Manager
NSF-CMI
23 Lodge Road
Hanborough Business Park, Long Hanborough,
Oxford, OX29 8SJ, UK

T:+44 01993 885661
E:kevan.dickin...@nsf-cmi.com
W:www.nsf-cmi.com