We've disabled Internet access using GPO by restricting access to
Tools-Internet options and rerouted the proxy to local (127.0.0.1).  However,
only the Tools-Internet options part of the GPO apply.  The local proxy setting
does not.

The GPO looks good.  GPResult indicates that the full GPO is being applied.  In
fact, the GPO works on the first computer the individual logs on to but then
the local proxy setting doesn't follow the user to another computer they log on
to (i.e. They can access web sites by logging on to abother computer).  The
Tools-Internet options does follow the user, though.

I've gone as far as splitting up the GPO into two separate GPOs, thinking it
may be a slow network issue. GPResult says both were applied, but the strange
situation still exists - just with the local proxy setting.

What could be keeping the proxy portion from applying and following the user?