You may want to take a look at this which was posted by Susan Bradley on
another list recently

Romanians find cure for conficker - Network World:

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/031209-romanians-find-cure-for.html

Security experts claim the worm is the worst infection to date, second to
the SQL slammer worm that devastated the Internet in 2003.

The Romanian security vendor said its removal tool, available here, will
delete all versions of Downadup and will not be detected by the virus

Downadup Removal Tool - BitDefender:

http://www.bdtools.net/

--
Thanks