We've had a requirement from one of our customers to provide a facility
for SMS text messaging.

Does anyone have a feeling as to whether we should do this ourselves by
getting one or more SMS modems or using one of the many SMS services
out there?

Our application (to a backend database) has 2 methods of access:-
a web interface used by call centres and various levels of stakeholders
or a
Terminal Services logon to access the client runtime (this method allows
more
functionality than the web interface).

We're talking about sending/receiving roughly 10,000 SMS texts/month.
Texts
will be sent mainly from our web interface, but this facility could be
opened up
to Terminal Server users accessing the system/database.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

TIA.

The information in this internet E-mail is confidential and is intended
solely for the addressee. Access, copying or re-use of information in it
by anyone else is unauthorised. Any views or opinions presented are
Walker Martyn Ltd or any of its affiliates. If you are not the
intended recipient please contact  administra...@walkermartyn.co.uk

Walker Martyn Ltd, company number SC197533. Company is
registered in Scotland and has its registered office at 1 Park
Circus Place, Glasgow G3 6AH, UK.