From: Ralph Smith [mailto:m...@gatewayindustries.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 10:01 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Policy on Remote Tech Support

A couple of times recently I've had a user mention to me offhandedly that
they called a software vendor for tech support and allowed the support
person to remotely access their computer to help fix the problem.  My
initial reaction is to tell the user that in the future they should not do
this without getting me involved first, although we have no actual policy.

What do other list members think about allowing vendor support to use
LogMeIn, Webex or any of the many other similar systems to take over
workstations for troubleshooting?  Is this a non-issue, do you have policies
against it, somewhere in between?

Thanks for your feedback.

Confidentiality Notice:

This communication, including any attachments, may contain confidential
information and is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed. Any review, dissemination, or copying of this communication by
anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email, delete