I do not know that this method would be any better/worse then the
various tools and utilities being suggested but I had a few free
minutes and thought I would learn something from figuring it out in
PowerShell (with supplemental google searches :).

PS PS:\> $a = get-childitem -recurse | where-object {$_.lastwritetime
-gt "12/31/2005" -and $_.lastwritetime -gt "1/01/2007" }
PS PS:\> ($a | Measure-Object -Property length -sum).sum/1kb

Verify a count of items with
PS PS:\> $a.count

I tested it out with my local laptop and it seemed to work for last years dates.

Steven Peck