From: Kim Longenbaugh [mailto:k...@colonialsavings.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 3:49 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: locating one machine

Well, here's one more idea:
Call each user at your place of employment with a PC.  Ask them to run
"ipconfig" and tell you the IP address.
When the one they report matches what you're looking for, you're done.
Not very high-tech, labor-intensive, and maybe not possible in your
environment, but it would work.

Picture this:
Ring...ring
John: "Hi, this is John in IT.  I need you to do something for me."
User: "uh, ok, uh, what do you want me to do"
John: "first, get a DOS prompt"
User: "What's a DOS prompt?"
John: "hmm, ok, click your start button."
User: "What's a start button"