From: Webster [mailto:carlwebs...@gmail.com]
Sent: 13 April 2009 17:52
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Anyone using Citrix Access Gateway appliance

Yes, AAC runs on a server that you point the CAG too.  With AAC you have
a LOT of control over who connects and where they go once you allow them
to connect.  That component is tested very heavily for the Citrix
certifications.

Webster

From: Tom Miller [mailto:tmil...@hnncsb.org]

Thanks.  Does the Advanced Access Control software run in conjunction
with the CAG?  My CAGs are fairly new and despite what Citrix wants they
need to last at least a few years.  Citrix as a company seems to fail to
understand that non-profits just don't have the funds that their big
customers have.  Off-topic, sorry.

>>> "Webster" <carlwebs...@gmail.com> 4/13/2009 10:02 AM >>>

Use the Advanced Access Control software from Citrix.  The CAG
appliances will be going away soon as will the AAC software.  Citrix is
moving everyone (or wants to) to the NetScaler line of appliances.  The
NetScaler has the AAC software functionality built-in.  A NetScaler is
also very expensive but has a lot more features and functionality.

Webster

From: Tom Miller [mailto:tmil...@hnncsb.org]
Subject: Anyone using Citrix Access Gateway appliance

Hi Folks,

I have about 30 sites that connect to use via the Secure Access Gateway.
These are broadband sites with maybe 2-5 users. There are no firewalls
at these locations. User PCs connect to a low-end switch and that's it.

At our LAN/WAN sites we enforce a number of content filtering policies
via our firewall. I was planning to purchase a number of SOHO firewalls
for these locations and have static VPNs set up for each.

Someone mentioned I might be able to achieve the same goal via the
Access Gateway, and requiring users to connect via the CAG client before
users can do anything. I'd like to force users at these sites to logon
to the domain if possible.

Is this possible via the Access Gateway, and if so, how?

===
STEMCOR CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE
This e-mail is intended only for the addressees named in it. The contents
should not be disclosed to any other person nor copies taken. Any views or
opinions presented are solely those of the sender and do not necessarily
represent those of Stemcor unless otherwise specifically stated. Stemcor does
not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message nor
responsibility for any change made to it after it was sent by the original
sender. You are advised to carry out a virus check before opening any
attachment as Stemcor does not accept liability for any damage sustained as a
result of any software viruses. You should be aware that Stemcor reserves the
right to read incoming and outgoing emails.
===