... you have just two DC's and they are in the same server rack and the rack
catches fire, destroying both DC's. Neither held ALL FSMO roles (but between
them they had all of them).
I *think* I'd need more than this info right?:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/240363
and
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-6082663.html

It occurred to me I know of a couple places that have both DC's in the same
physical location so this is a real possibility.

The MS article refers to "boot to Directory Services restore mode". Um... the
server has to have received it's "restore" data from somewhere so if you're
standing up a replacement DC how does that work?
David Lum // SYSTEMS ENGINEER
NORTHWEST EVALUATION ASSOCIATION
(Desk) 971.222.1025 // (Cell) 503.267.9764