From: Sean Martin [mailto:seanmarti...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 8:38 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: MSDN - To buy, or not to buy?

I've been toying with the idea of purchasing an MSDN subscription. My goal is
to setup a lab environment for testing, training, etc. I'm primarily focused on
obtaining copies of Windows Server and Exchange 2007 (or 2010), but it would be
nice to have access to most of the software. For what I want, it looks like the
Visual Studio Professional with MSDN Premium is required.

My question to you all is do you feel it would be worth  the $2500 initial
purchase and $1999 annual renewal? I see it as an investment in my education
and I know it could be a write off, but that's a lot of money for me to part
with. Are there other avenues available for obtaining legitimate copies of
Windows products for home based test labs that might be cheaper?

- Sean