Thanks everyone for their input. I think i have enough to look at.

Greg
________________________________
From: Brian Desmond [br...@briandesmond.com]
Sent: Thursday, 16 April 2009 4:41 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: New machine OU placement

Yes I have scripts and this is pretty easy to do (done it many times), but, the
fields you’re looking for don’t really exist.

Naming conventions are how I usually key this. If you don’t have that then this
is a lot of work. If you want to do site based you could ping the machine and
then map the IP to a site. That is pretty easy to do. If you want to do this
user based, you need to be precreating the computer accounts with something
that can do the logging for you and ideally put the accounts in the right place.

The other option is to just leave them. If you’re not getting any value from
moving the machines then don’t bother.

Thanks,
Brian Desmond
br...@briandesmond.com