I'm pretty happy with my new Sonicwall SSL 2000 VPN appliance <$2000.00.
I chose it because I wanted to allow remote access to remote desktop
hosts on my network without having to worry too much about the integrity
of the remote user's machine.  I disabled all the networking on the
appliance and only allow RDP connections.  Only the appliance actually
contacts the Remote Desktop Host, and the user sees the proxy in ActiveX
or Java.   I can allow my accountants to access sensitive data since I
can control copying and printing to the remote user's machine.  I've
only had it up for a month, and I only have 20 users, but so far so
good.

The users love it because they can use pretty much any computer and
don't have to worry about lugging their own machine around just in case
they might need access.  Also there is no VPN software to install, run,
or troubleshoot.  Any browser from any platform that can handle Java or
ActiveX will do.  It will even run from a live Linux CD.  (pclinuxos
2009)

Set up was a little less than intuitive, but I had it running and
validating user logins against AD in a few hours.

Bill