Huh.  I thought it was concerned with the GUID.  Alright. I will give that a
try. Thanks.

From: Michael B. Smith [mailto:mich...@owa.smithcons.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 4:32 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Error authenticating to exchange

Database portability works fine.

So...you are fine with your DC process (as long as you make it a GC first
before disconnecting it from the domain).

Then delete the exchange server from the lab ad. build a new server, name it
the same thing, join it to the lab ad, and then restore the database.

Exchange doesn't care about the server GUID. Only it's name.