That may be true, Kaspersky has a good name in the industry.
But "updated definitions" are beginning to be old hat. When the
bad guys are pushing out polymorphic malware (and they are),
definitions will never catch up. You have to be looking at heuristics
and even better, highly efficient behavior-based technology.

Performance is also still very important, if your security app bogs
down the machine it runs on, the purpose is defeated to a large
degree. If you are looking at AV you should put this one on your
shortlist:

http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Business/VIPRE-Enterprise/

Warm regards,

Stu Sjouwerman