On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Shawn Everett <sh...@tandac.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have a script that will tell me if a backup job created via
> ntbackup is successful.

  In my experience, NTBACKUP exits with the same status code (error
level) regardless of total success, completed with warnings, failed to
complete, job definition missing, tape not loaded, computer on fire,
etc.  That makes it difficult for a script to make that decision.

  You might be able to do something where you use a FINDSTR or GREP
pattern to identify and exclude all the "normal" log messages, run the
log through that, and if there's anything left, decide there was a
problem.  But it'd be a lot of work, rather fragile, and a horrible
kludge.

  If you want that kind of reporting, you should prolly just buy a
better backup program.

-- Ben