That’s a good question. I, personally, don’t  know much about SANs, so I don’t
know if DBAN will work on that or not. If not, perhaps booting a Live CD of
linux and then using “dd if=/dev/random of=/dev/(whatever)” would work????

John-AldrichTile-Tools

From: Steve Kelsay [mailto:kels...@sctax.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 3:38 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Federal Data wiping on an HP SAN

We have a contractor that has been running a project that has used an HP SAN to
store federal tax data which is now moving to a Dell SAN for production. Has
anyone had experience with wiping the data on an HP SAN that could offer some
advice on the best way to do it?

The SAN has 52 drives. I was contemplating the creation of re-lun-in it into
one big Lun and using an overwrite program, but I am not sure which programs
are the most currently accepted as being secure. The requirement is that the
data be overwritten at least three times.