Am sure many on these must have gone to similar exercise..

Finally got an approval to build a gold win2k8std-image for generic server
rollout, but had to review and advice on all available guidelines and best
practices. And I would like to tap on this vast knowledge pool of this list:

Considering, I am building a gold VM - Win2k8 Std..

1) What should be the standard C drive.. (base install itself gobbles over
10GB)
2) What are the current published and credible hardening guidelines?
3) What security template tweaks everyone on this list has done on their builds
?
4) What Roles and features should be part of standard build.. i.e. Powershell,
Telnet client?
5) Firewall rules: Apart from allowing ICMP response and RDP.. what else should
be allowed?

I know it has many variations, but any pointers will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,