From: Ziots, Edward [mailto:ezi...@lifespan.org]
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2009 6:31 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Anybody else having patch deployment issues?

NO issues with our BES servers after patching. Although I did run into a issue
yesterday with a Win2k3 SP2 standard box in which TCPIP Netbios Helper and
Windows 32time along with RPC was failing ( RDP to box try and login and claims
RPC Service failed).

Ended up being an old issue in which everyone group was removed from the COM+
Security settings in the component services tab.

Only took 4 hrs of troubleshooting and 3 MS Engineers and myself working it
out.

Fun and Stressful Wednesday mornings during patch weeks.

Gotta hate the trenches sometimes.

Edward Ziots

Network Engineer

Lifespan Organization

MCSE,MCSA,MCP+I, ME, CCA, Security +, Network +

ezi...@lifespan.org